How do I place an order for media?
To place an order for a video, DVD, CD, etc., follow these instructions:
- Check to see if we own the book by searching for it in Voyager Acquisitions
- Log onto Voyager Acquisitions.
Operator ID: view
- Choose any Receiving location.
- Under Search Line Items, choose Bibliographic Info to search for title or ISBN.
- Click Search once the title is found.
- Double-click the line item to view it.
(Further instructions on searching are available to UIUC Library staff
If we already own a copy of the item at the UIUC Library, you may decide not to order a second
Note that if it is a recently ordered item, it might not appear in the OPAC, as some items on
order are suppressed from the online catalog.
- To place an order, please use the
online order form. Please do NOT use
Collection Manager to order A/V materials.
When using the online order form to order media, please be sure to:
- specify the Catalog For location if it is not going to your unit. For items going to the
Undergraduate Library Media department, please forward a copy of the order to the librarian in the
Information Processing and Management department.
- specify the format
- supply any vendor info in the Direct Orders field if the item must be ordered directly from the
NOTE: Access to the online order form is restricted to fund managers and their staff approved
for placing orders. Please contact
Stephanie Baker or
Beth Trotter in Acquisitions for access to this