How do I check to see if a monograph has been claimed ?
There are two ways to see if a monograph has been claimed. Information about claims can be
viewed on both the purchase order and the order maintenance screens.
- If a monograph has not been received within 60 days after being ordered, Voyager flags it for
- Acquisitions claiming staff review the list of monographs flagged for claiming every two weeks.
Claims are generally placed for all flagged items, with the following exceptions:
- Items for which vendors have sent publication reports stating that an item is not yet
published, publication has been delayed, etc. Notes to this effect can be found in the line item
note of the item in question.
- Some items ordered from foreign vendors whose shipping is often delayed.
- A claim notice is generated for each item claimed and sent to the vendor.
Viewing the status of a line item through its purchase order:
Viewing claims through the Order Maintenance Screen:
- Click on
Order Maintenance on the list bar on the left-hand side of the screen, and then
- Enter your search criteria (for example, everything claimed after a certain date, a vendor
name, or bibliographic info such as title) and click
Claimed Line Items tab shows monographs for which a claim has been placed. Use the
column headings to determine when a claim was placed, if it was the first time a claim was placed,
the reason for the claim, and the person who placed the claim.
- For additional information, click the plus sign to the left of the title. This will show all of
the claim dates if the title was claimed more than once and the vendor's response if
- If an item is not received within 60 days after the first claim is sent, a second claim is
sent. Items will be claimed up to a total of three times. If the item is still not received after
three claims have been sent to the vendor, the order is left open until either a) the item is
received, or b) the library that placed the order requests that the order be cancelled; however, a
fourth claim is generally not sent to the vendor.
This process of predictive claiming catches the majority of items not received in a timely
fashion from our vendors. However, if there is an item which has not yet been claimed and for which
you would like to submit a claim, please contact
in Acquisitions at 244-4676.